Two Years Later, Zambales Fishermen Still Blames Trillanes

Several groups of fishermen in Iba, Masinloc, San Antonio, and other Zambales coastal town, are still blaming Sen. Antonio Trillanes, for big losses that they incurred when China prohibited them to fish in Spratly islands during the last days of the Aquino administration.

In a local radio interview on Saturday with one of the groups’ leader Sebastian Tionko, the fishermen said that the economic calamity caused by sen. Trillanes is far from being repairable.

Tionko said that although China allowed them to fish there (Spratly) after Pres. Duterte took office, the losses they experienced in the past two years was massive.

See Also: Crowd Abandons Trillanes in Zambales

Loading...

“I don’t think we can recover. The ban took place when fish were abundant. We missed a lot of opportunities”, Tionko said.

Loading...

The fisherman said that if it was not because of Trillanes who negotiated with the wrong people, their livelihood wouldn’t had been affected.

“He caused a lot of problem here. We didn’t know what exactly has happened during his several visit to China, but it did not resulted to a good news in our part”, Tionko added.

A staunch critic of President Duterte, Trillanes accused the president of selling the Philippine territories to China, and criticizing him of having a mutual agreement with the powerful Asian neighbor.

Tionko also added that people in Zambales lost Trust in Trillanes – another reason why people left him in one of his visits earlier. /Rachelle Lubrica/

 

Facebook Comments

One Comment

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *